Viton (FKM, FPM, VITON)
- Fluorocarbon is a well-known high performance rubber,and especially it has excellent resistance to high temperature,ozone,weather,oxygen,mineral oil,fuels,hydraulic fluids,aromatics and many organic solvwents and chemicals.Now we can supply parts made by.
- Fluorine Content
- Viton system gum like general type(A-TYPE,66% fluorine),middle fluorine content type(B-,GBL-TYPE,67-68.5% fluorine),high fluorine content type(F-,GF-TYPE,70% fluorine),improving low temperature flexibility type(GLT-GFLT)and excellent resistance to more chemicals and solvents-Viton ETP Extreme.We also can supply excellent acid and alkali resistance parts made by VITON TBR.
- Cure system-Bisphenol-Cured vs.Peroxide-Cured
- ●Standard FKM compounds are Bisphenol cured.FKM compounds with peroxide-cured possess better acid solution resistance than the bisphenol cured,and can replace litharge-cured applied in acid solution.In Some lubricants adding a few organic amide or amine,choosing peroxide curing system Viton will be better than bisphenol curing system
- Other Common Variations
- ●FKM can also be submitted for approval to Underwriters Laboratories(UL)for use in applications as prescribed in UL157.
- ●FKM has excellent resistance to high temperature,oil,solvent,flame,chemical and weather,and it is usually applied in automotive,chemical processing,aerospace and many industrials
- ●Viton GLT is broadly used in thermal range of -40℃to +250℃ and it has outstanding resistance to aggressive HTS-type oils which are comminly used in aerospace industry.
- ●Viton ETP is usually applied in chemical industrial
- ●In some fuels adding several methanol,viton F and B-type are more usable than A-type especially F-type.If it requires lower temperature,GFLT and GBLT will be available
- ●Viton TBR 605C (TFE/propylene polymer)is better base and steam resistant than other general vitons.It can be use in amine,amide and some bases.
- Performs Well In…
- ●Petroleum products
- ●Fuel or blend with methanol or ethanol
- ●Diesel or blend with biodisesl
- ●Mineral oil and grease
- ●Silicone oil and grease
- ●High cacuum
- ●Ozone,weather and very high temperature air
- ●Strong acid
- Doesnt Perform Well In…
- ●Low molecular weight organic acids(formic and acetic acids)
- ●Superheat steam
- ●Low molecular weight esters and ethers.
- ●Phosphate ester based hydraulic fluids-Skydrol(R)
- General Information
- ASTM D1418 Designation
- ISO/DIN1629 Designation
- ASTM D200/SAE J 200 Codes
- Standard Color(S)
- Hardness Range
- 50 to 90 Shore A
- Relative Cost
- Service Temperatures
- Standard Low Temperature
- Standard high Temperature
- Special Compound Low Temperature
- Special Compound High Temperature